This exercise is a great way to time box the sketching activities for workshops and sprints with a group of 2-6 people.
- Helps people feel the creative rush and let loose.
- Helps the team to start quickly visualizing the product.
- Give each person a 11 x 17 sheet of paper with 8 boxes.
- Set a timer for 8 minutes.
- Ask the team to fill all boxes with idea sketches in 8 minutes.
- Pencils down when timer goes off.
- Ask everyone to tape up their sketches and do a quick presentation of their 2 top ideas.
- Give everyone stickers or post-its and ask them to go around and vote for their favorite ideas.
How long does this take?
8 minutes - You can do multiple rounds but keep them short.
- Makes the team think of bigger picture items without focusing on details.
- Allows a variety of ideas come to light quickly.
- Adaptive Lab Toolkit
- Google Ventures Diverge
- Design Sprint Overview
- Check out this quick video for tips on how to facilitate this exercise.